Cyndee

Cyndee
Fall 2011

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wk 2 Response to Lori Hobbie's Blog (includes original post)


Lori, I love your idea! After 10 months of knowing and working with you, seeing your projects and the difference you make in the lives of your students, I think you would be a great asset to the Edutopia platform! I think it is more important to make a relevant contribution than to focus on the "scholarly" requirement, but this is a Masters program, so we may be stuck with that requirement (for now).
Even if you can't use it for the month 12 assignment, I hope that you will choose to apply for publication with Edutopia also. I see you as a very relevant contributor as a publisher in addition to your educator role, so I look forward to reading your publications in the future!
Blessings,
Cyndee

MAC Week 2 Leadership Post: Where to Publish?




I don’t know if Edutopia would be considered a scholarly journal but if it were possible, I would love the opportunity to submit my work with them for publication.  I have several reasons for this choice. One is that this is the onepublication that I personally take the time to read every month. I have gained an immense amount of encouragement and insight from being a part of the Edutopia Community and to be able to contribute to the work would be very exciting. Another reason that I would be interested in publishing with Edutopia is that I believe strongly that The George Lucas Foundation is in many ways setting the standard for 21st Century learning and that is something that I’d love to be a part of.  If I cannot find a clear path to publishing with Edutopia, my plans B & C will be to apply for publication with the following journals, Journal of Education and Society or  Association for Advancement of Computing in Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment