Cyndee

Cyndee
Fall 2011

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wk 2 Leadership - WHERE to Publish, THAT is the Question.....

After much searching and several disappointments over closed application deadlines, I finally found two conferences that are open and have appropriate target audiences for the presentation of my Action Research project on Enhancing Engagement with Technology.
My first "discovery" was the HICE, Hawaii International Conference on Education.  This particular conference impressed me as the perfect place to present my information for the following reasons:

  1. I lived on Oahu, "The Gathering Place" for three years and saw first hand the lack of emphasis on K-12 education.  
  2. Due to the multi-cultural and cross-disciplinary audience, I see this an opportunity to reach a much broader audience than in other conferences.  Over 35 countries are represented in the audience at this conference, which means the ripple of my information flow can potentially make more waves in more places.  
  3. The collaborative nature of this conference makes my heart happy, because collaboration is what I see as a person's most advantageous method of learning.  
  4. I love Hawaii, the people, the FOOD, the experience of being there, and it would make a GREAT excuse to go there to visit my best friend.  
My second "discovery" was the GaETC, Georgia Educational Technology Conference.  This conference impressed me as a great place to present my information because it is staffed by all volunteers and the focus of the conference is educator professional development.  You may wonder how a presentation on Enhancing Engagement Using Technology fits into the professional development realm.  My answer is that we still have technology reluctant educators in the field that are holding us back from making the leaping bounds we need for our children.

I listed my choices in order of preference, but would be willing to present at either or both locations.  The final decision will likely come down to the financial requirements of each conference.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, excellent (and possibly fun) choices. good luck.

    ReplyDelete