Cyndee

Cyndee
Fall 2011

Sunday, October 2, 2011

BP3 Linkedin

Today's blog is about discovering Web 2.0 tools.  I am here to tell you, Web 2.0 tools are amazing!  While this may not be surprising to some of you, it is to me.  Each day as I discover new things through my Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture course, I realize that I am not as technology integrated as I thought I was.  There are so many Web 2.0 tools out there that I could devote many hours to learning about them all, but then I wouldn't have time to work, eat, sleep, etc.  When I looked through the choices of tools at Go2Web20 at first I was amazed and then I quickly felt overwhelmed.  Fortunately during my search I discovered two tools I have been using for several months already.  One of those tools is Google docs which I like very much and highly recommend.

However, the tool I am most impressed with so far is Linkedin.  I discovered the Linkedin application through a friend a few months ago when I was transitioning from the military as a retiree.  Linkedin is the most recommended business networking application on the market today.  It is easy to use for creating an online profile to highlight oneself for employment and as a method of information networking.  I was able to create my profile including a complete resume in less than two hours and began networking right away.  I was even contacted by an employment recruiter shortly after completing my online profile.  One of my favorite features of Linkedin is the ability to connect to varied discussion groups to share knowledge.  I am a member of many discussion groups and have participated in some of them while learning about a lot of things through the automatic discussion thread feeds.  Similar to RSS I can choose to follow groups and have their discussions update directly to my email inbox.  It is an easy way to follow trends on topics that interest me.

I highly recommend checking out Linkedin!  Take a look at my screen shots below and at my profile if you like.  I appreciate all feedback as I am always looking for ways to improve my profile and increase my knowledge.  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/cyndee-taresh/30/a25/895



No comments:

Post a Comment