Cyndee

Cyndee
Fall 2011

Saturday, October 1, 2011

BP2 iGoogle PLE

The idea of a "one stop shop" for organizing my life is intriguing.  That is how I see the Personal Learning Environment (PLE) of my iGoogle page.  However, creating this place and organizing it is proving daunting.  I was just introduced to iGoogle this week and I am managing to meet the requirements of this practical exercise only because of the really well written instructions.  The step by step instructions are very helpful, especially having the required links provided in the same document.  Having 90% of what I needed in one place made creating my own PLE less stressful.  Ironically, it also shows how much time can be saved by using a PLE.  Once it is set up it is a great time saver for keeping my learning organized.  The instructions are like a mini iGoogle page.  They have almost everything I needed in one place.  I wonder if that was done deliberately as a way of providing an analogy to this assignment.  HMMMM.

As practical exercises go, this one if very effective for me.  I am really excited to have an iGoogle page set up and I am beginning to use it.  I have some ideas on how I want to set up additional tabs and gadgets I want to use.  So far the only drawback to this page is that some of my gadgets have embedded advertisement videos in them that are set on loop to play as soon as the page opens.  This is quite annoying and I am trying to figure out how to set it up so that it won't do that.  I am able to open each one individually and stop it from playing and looping, however, it doesn't save the choice, so the next time I open my page it starts all over again.  

Suggestions are welcome.  Check out the screen shots of the three tabs I have set up so far.  My boxes of links are organized left top to bottom (1,2,3,),  then right top to bottom (4,5,6).

The last screen shot is of one of my resource page gadgets.  It is an online grammar assistant, and so far it is phenomenal.  I am always worried about my grammar and this tool has every possible link I could ever need.  It even has help in podcast form, so I can read about the grammatically correct usage and then listen too.  Check it out, I am sure you will love using it. 

Blessings,
Cyndee


No comments:

Post a Comment