Cyndee

Cyndee
Fall 2011

Thursday, October 6, 2011

PE1_iMovie

Wow!  What a great investment of time watching 3 hrs and 28 minutes of iMovie 11' tutorials on Lynda.com!  I wish I had known and done this four months ago.  

I am now fully convinced to search Lynda.com before beginning any digital project.  Over the last few months I have created a few iMovies, and struggled through each of them.  

My first attempt was a late night request from my teenager to help her edit video she took in her Physics classroom to make a safety video.  Between the two of us it took about two hours to figure it all out and have a final product.  Looking back now, had I completed the Lynda.com tutorials on iMovie 11', that safety video would have taken us about 20 minutes to complete. 

Upon reading the assignment, I was a bit put off to think about watching 3 hours and 28 minutes of anything.  However, chunking it into smaller portions is the key to tackling this task.  

The information is so valuable, that I am now thankful this was a requirement for my current course. My first "aha" moment came during the toolbar tutorial.  I didn't know about the advanced tools available in the preferences setting.  More importantly, I didn't know I could select a section of video and click on the toolbar to place it in the project.  My most frustration creating the previously mentioned iMovies was trying to "drag" the selections into the project area. 

Hooray!  No more yelling at my computer over a silly function, now I have a better option in my bag of tricks.  
TOOLBAR

PROGRESSIVE LEARNING

1 comment:

  1. Cyndee,

    I had the very same "ah-ha" moment about the toolbar. I also had no idea that all this time I could have selected the footage I wanted and remove the rest of the footage I didn't instead of fighting to get the clip just right. These tutorials would have really helped in month one!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete