Cyndee

Cyndee
Fall 2011

Sunday, October 23, 2011

RILS Reflection

Looking back at the Relevant and Innovative Learning Scenario (RILS) process I can see what was expected better than I could during the process.  I guess that might be true of anything, but when I am in a learning environment that is being graded I like more information instead of less.  I don't like having to figure things out when there is a grade on the line.  I prefer to have solid instructions so that I can complete the task using my own "checklist" type rubric against my progress. 

That being said, this project definitely opened my eyes to how I could have done this better.  I should have written down my plan to see the flaws instead of thinking I knew what I was doing after a couple of readings of the material.  I learned a lot in my own RILS from the struggles of my target audience, then learned again from reading other RILS on Educator Studio and commenting on them. 

What that says to me is that this assignment is set up to provide learning through experience which is often more valuable than just following a checklist.  Overall it was a valuable experience even though there were MANY frustrating technology challenges within Educator Studio and some instructional issues.  Fortunately, our instructor was always available to help and to work through the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment