Cyndee

Cyndee
Fall 2011

Thursday, October 6, 2011

PE2 iMovie

iMovie tutorials are finished and I am quite smart now.  Well, I am at least more informed.  Thankfully I can go back in and review the tutorials as I work through my project.  I have made some progress on my new movie creation, "A Day in the Life of an Athlete".  I decided to use some previously recorded videos of my daughter playing volleyball to create this first project. 

One new discovery I made while working on this movie is that with the movie trailer themes the soundtrack is pinned and can't be looped to add more of the same music beyond the original soundtrack.  I did, however figure out how to unpin it and move it around in the movie.  I also discovered that I wanted to put more clips and photos in a trailer than would fit with the music, so I grudgingly removed enough to make the visuals work within a reasonable time of the music playing.  

As my proficiency increases I will try more complicated editing techniques, but for now I have done some work with clip timing, text editing, music, the introduction and the credits.  I even managed to add a still photo and use the ken burns tool on it.  I am pretty happy with the progress I've made so far, and I look forward to finishing it and posting it on my final iMovie PE blog post.  Below are two screen shots;  one shot of my Lynda.com iMovie tutorial completion certificate, and the other of my project in progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment